VOTING ELIGIBILITY AND PROCESS
ELIGIBILITY TO VOTE
Anyone wishing to vote in the Te Tatau o Te Arawa election must:
- Be enrolled on the Te Arawa Lakes Trust Register and;
- Be 18 years of age or over.
People not already enrolled on the register may do so by completing a registration form at
least 5 days before voting closes.
Ensure your registration details with Te Arawa Lakes Trust are correct by checking with TALT by phone on 0508 832 729 or you can write to them via the email section here.
If you have questions about the Board election contact our manahautū, Jude Pani, on 027 294 5170 or by email at email@example.com
- Voting papers will be sent out to all eligible voters on the 13 July 2022
- Voting closes at 12 noon on 5 August 2022
- Voters can cast their votes by either completing the hard copy voting form and returning via post or by online vote (instructions included in voting papers)
- Voting papers posted on or before 5 August 2022 will be accepted. Voting papers posted beyond this date will be declared invalid
- Voting will be conducted on a first past the post basis
- A recount can be requested within 3-days of the close of voting.
- An appeal may be lodged with Election Services not more than 21 days following the close of voting
If you'd like to learn more about the Te Tatau o Te Arawa election or Register to Vote, click on one of the following buttons below.