The Matariki 2022 Rotorua Reorua Fund of $10,000 was set up to support Te Arawa led or co-led Matariki projects that authentically recognise and celebrate te wā o Matariki - including the first ever official public holiday on June 24.
Te Tatau o Te Arawa and Rotorua Lakes Council would like to congratulate the following recipients:
- Te Rāpaki-a-Tumatahi Marae - Māra kai.
- In Books We Trust - KUPU: Ngā Ringa Tuhituhi Māori Literary Festival.
- Waiariki Māori Hockey - Hautapu.
- Ngā Ara o Tapora Trust - Funding Matariki: activities for tamariki and whānau throughout June.
- Linton Park Community Centre - Matariki Orchard Planting community day.
- Ōkareka Oro - Workshops and Performance at Matariki Whānau Day.
- Te Papa Tākaro o Te Arawa - Matariki Whitirau.
Click HERE to read about Rotorua’s inaugural Matariki civic ceremony and other Te Tatau o Te Arawa news.